Friday, April 15, 2011

Welcome to the World John Turner

Yes, he is here! Here is a timeline of the events with pictures included. It was a very exciting day... I mean days!

Tuesday, 4:45 am.
I woke up with contractions about 10 minutes apart.

Tuesday, 8:30
I called the doctor's office to tell them that I was having contractions, but they were 10 minutes apart. The nurse said, "Honey, is this your first baby? Take some Tylenol and see if they go away."

Tuesday, 8:30 pm
Contractions get pretty bad and closer together. I got in the bath tub to see that would help ease my pain. My contractions started ranging between 4 and 6 minutes apart. I told Gunter we may be going to the hospital tonight...

Wednesday, 2:15 am.
I woke Gunter up and said pack your bag we are going to the hospital. My contractions were back to back. I was walking around the house crying and trying to pack the last few things in my overnight bag.

Wednesday, 2:30 am
We arrived at Flowers Hospital. Dr. Dozier was on call, so we had to wait for him to deliver a baby then he could come in and check on me. My blood pressure was really high, but I didn't have any protein in my urine. Dr. Dozier decided to go ahead and induce me and put me on magnesium for high blood pressure, and treat it like preeclampsia.

Wednesday, 5:00 am
Began the labor process. Dr. Dozier broke my water.
I continued to make good progress from there on out!
Got my epidural and I was feeling good!

Wednesday, 3:00 pm
I was fully dilated ready to deliver, but Dr. Nicholls (who just happened to be on call that day! Hooray!) was seeing a patient in the office. Then he got called away for an emergency.

Wednesday, 4:00 pm
The nurse came in and helped me begin the pushing process. When I got closer Dr. Nicholls would be called in.

Wednesday, 5:00 pm
Still pushing... John Turner was stuck behind my pelvic bone. Dr. Nicholls came in to try to help me. He suggested that we use the suction to help move his head. Finally after that we make some progress!

Wednesday, 5:47 pm
John Turner arrives! 8 pounds, 20 1/2 inches long

First picture with John Turner

Dr. Nicholls laughed and said "His cone head will be better by 
first grade."

With the miracle worker Dr. Nicholls! We love him! 
Notice the cup in my hand.... while we were finishing things up, Dr. Nicholls said what are thinking about. My reply was "how much I want a coke!"
The nurse rushed out to get me a coke... and I drank 4 more after that!  

 Kyle and Kelsey cam to visit!


After the delivery and we got to hold John Turner for a few minutes the nurse noticed that we was making a grunting noise when he was breathing. She wanted to get that checked. It turns out that he has fluid on his lungs. This is apparently common in white boys. So... he has stayed in the nursery since I delivered him. He was placed under a little bubble so he could get some extra oxygen.

In the air we breathe, the oxygen is at 21%. In John Turner's bubble the doctor can lower and increase his oxygen. We are working toward getting him to breathe "room air."

This afternoon around 1:00 they took John Turner out of the bubble. Once he has been breathing "room air" for a few hours then he can come down to our room and spend some time with us! Gunter and I did just walk down to the nursery for a visit and got some family pictures. This is the first time and we have held him since the delivery! 

The Price family! 

I had good intentions of blogging and posting pictures yesterday, but they took me off the magnesium from my high blood pressure. When they did that, I got really sick! and felt terrible! I had a good night's rest last night and feeling much better today! 






7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the Price Family! John Turner is absolutley beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all look wonderful. So glad his oxygen is improving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post..the time line, the pictures and especially finally seeing John Turner. He is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hes so precious! Congratulations to you both! Enjoy every single moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post and pics. What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! He is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome, john turner!! Kb, you look amazing & more importantly, JT is beautiful!! Can't wait to meet that sweet baby boy in person!!!!!! Xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete