Friday, April 29, 2011

A Monumental Day

Today was a monumental day in history. A day that I will remember forever, maybe everyone else will too. When Prince William and Kate first announced their engagement, I was super excited because I realized that I would be home on maternity leave! and able to watch the royal affair.

I was in eighth grade when Princess Diana died. My best friend, Hannah, and I became obsessed with the royal family. We read everything possible about the royal family. I specifically remember going to visit Hannah's grandparents in Pineville, Louisiana and I was so excited because my mom had bought me a new People magazine that was all about Princess Di. On the 8 hour car ride we scoured over that magazine, picking apart everything about the royal family. I wish that we lived closer together now so that we could have watched the wedding together. We would have definitely had a "wedding party."

John Turner was right on time with his feedings this morning! He woke me up about 4 this morning. I immediately turned on the TV, just in time to see the royal family arriving at Westminster. Together we watched the family arrive, Kate arrive, and the beginning of the ceremony (the most important part in my opinion). When Kate's brother got up to speak, I went to bed. Kate looked absolutely stunning. I had a feeling that she would be wearing lace. I loved how she wore her hair down and she looked so natural. You could tell that both William and Kate are in love and were excited about their special day.



John Turner then woke me up a couple of hours later. I rushed into the den to turn on the TV again to see the newly weds arriving at Buckingham Palace. I was able to see the first kiss... and the second. John Turner just had perfect timing today! Of course I recorded the wedding, and have already watched it again!

On Wednesday, we had a "monumental" day... not in terms of a royal wedding, but a 2 week check up. John Turner has gained 12 ounces in 2 weeks. So now he weighs 8 pounds 12 ounces. Dr. Barron said this was right on track. Babies are supposed to gain 1 ounce a day. They checked his eyes for cataracts, which he didn't have.  Dr. Barron put a special concoction on his umbilical cord and look what happened when we got home!

It fell off! Now John Turner has a cute little belly button! 

John Turner is a growing boy! I can't believe how much he has changed in 2 weeks! We are looking forward to what is to come! and best wishes to Will and Kate! 

This picture was taken on Wednesday... John Turner's 2 week birthday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment