Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pink Tutus

I mentioned earlier that I have been doing a little sewing this summer. My in-laws graciously gave me a Babylock Ellure sewing machine. I love it! It has monogramming and sewing capabilities, but it has taken me a while to figure it out. Christen and I have been sweating over these things! (She got the same machine that I did.) We will call each other and ask trouble shooting questions. I think it is so much better when you have someone close by who can help you.... too bad Christen is one and half hours away.

This summer I did make a really cute orange seersucker John-John for a friend's baby shower. I wish I had a picture of it, but I forgot to take one.

Just this week I made a darling pink tutu for a friend at work. I made some for the twins back in April, so I already knew what to do. I think it turned out great! I even monogrammed this one with my machine.


Step 1: Monogram onesie. This monogram is in light pink, so it's a little hard to see. 


Step 2: I cut a piece of 14 inch tulle, fold it in half. Then I zig-zaged fishing line in the tolle - sewing together the two ends. The zig-zag stitch was very loose. Once you pull the fishing line out, the tolle will gather! 


Step 3: I stitched the tulle to the onesie. I pinned it to help me stay in line. Then I stitched a pink ribbon on the same stitch I made from the tulle. I trimmed the extra tulle, so it wasn't poking out of the top. Then I sewed the top of the ribbon to the onesie. 


Viola! Finished tutu! 


View from the back! I added a little pink bow with the same ribbon that is lining the tulle! 

This is an easy project. Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment