Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer Obsession : Emily Giffin

Last summer at my friend Brittany's bachelorette weekend, I first heard of Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. I remember seeing the cute covers in Barnes and Noble, but never picked up a copy. Britt and the other girls were talking about how good the book was and is a "must read." I honestly did not think about it again, until recently. A good friend of the family, Laura, got a bid to design the jewelry in the movie "Something Borrowed" coming out I believe in May. I was thrilled for her! Then I became really interested in the book, and decided that I had to read it.

Check out Laura's jewelry. Her company is Shalla Wista Studio. I absolutely love her things. I would say 80% of my jewelry is from her! I always get compliments when I am wearing it too!
Kate Hudson on the set of "Something Borrowed" in Shalla Wista! 
So cool! I am so pumped for Laura! 

Back to Something Borrowed.... So I grabbed the book and took it with me on a girls weekend to the beach with Janna and Leah, two friends from church. They probably thought that I was the biggest dork, but I couldn't put it down. It is soooo good! I love the way that Emily Giffin writes. You never know what to expect from her. She is very unpredictable, which makes for a real page turner! I think I read Something Borrowed in a day or two. In a quick overview, the book is about two friends who live in Manhattan. On Rachel's thirtieth birthday, her best friend throws a party for her and she ends up hooking with with Darcy's (Rachel's best friend) finance`. It is a little "soap opera-ish" but one that you can't put down. Highly suggest it. 

As soon as I got home from the beach, I had to get the second book Something Blue. This is as good as Something Borrowed, but I suggest reading Something Borrowed first. Throughout the rest of summer I finished more of Giffin's books - Baby Proof and Love the One Your With. I have not bought her newest one, Heart of the Matter, but am looking forward to reading it soon! I have since passed my books on to family and friends, who agree with me that they can't put them down! If you are looking for a fun and easy read I highly suggest any of Emily Giffin's books! 

1 comment: