Monday, September 13, 2010

Bye Marti


As I mentioned in my last post, I was in Birmingham for a few days last week. One reason was to tell a very good friend "Good-bye." My friend Marti moved to San Sebastian, Spain on Saturday. She absolutely loves Spain. She studied abroad in college and has been back to visit a few times since our college days. She took a job teaching English in the schools over there. Her contract is until May... so she is going to be gone for a long time! Her husband and little girl will be heading over there in October to meet her.

Marti and I met up a Cocina Superior on Saturday and visited for a little bit before we said our good-byes. I wish Marti, Chip and Buckley all the best in Spain!

Marti and I became friends in the 5th grade when she moved to Homewood from Louisiana. I remember thinking that she was the cutest thing because she was wearing a pink "floppy hat" on the first day of school. (So fashionable in 90's! Ha! Ha!) We stayed friends all through middle school, high school and college - even though we went to different schools. I loved the road trips to LSU, and she loved the road trips to the Plains. We stood by each other at our weddings and have so many fun memories together! Just recently we met up at our friend Rachel's wedding, with two other high school friends - Hannah and Stefani. We had a blast that weekend.
Hannah, Stef and Marti and Rachel's wedding

with Marti and Chip at their wedding - March 2007

I will  miss you guys! Counting down the days 'til May! 

1 comment:

  1. awe, teared up! much like that night at cocina. phew. things got pretty sad. i miss you too! thanks for seeing me off!

    ReplyDelete