Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yummy Strawberry Cake!

This has been an interesting week... I woke up early Monday morning with terrible back pain. I was in tears, and Gunter had to get up and get me my heating pad and some Tylenol. I didn't go back sleep. When I got up, I was feeling a little better, but not great. I called the doctor. I went in to see him, and he told me that I had passed another kidney stone! This is horrible! I have had two kidney stones since I have been pregnant, and passed four before I was pregnant. This summer I am going to the urologist to figure out why I continue to have stones.

I am feeling much better.... and still in the Valentine's Day mood. Tomorrow is our Valentine's party at school, so I just finished addressing the Valentines to the kids in my class! I all this talk of pink and sweets has made me want a delicious dessert - like Strawberry Cake!

I love strawberries! I can't wait for the strawberry patch to open right outside of town. They have the most delicious strawberries! I did find some yummy strawberries at Publix. I had a delicious Strawberry Cake at a shower the other weekend. I begged the friend that made it for the recipe. She sent it to me the other week, and I made a Strawberry Cake for another friend who just had a baby, passed some out at school, and Gunter and I ate the rest by ourselves!

Here is the recipe for Strawberry Cake, compliments of Shari Crim...

1 package of white cake mix
1 package of strawberry jello
1 cup of oil
1/2 cup of water
4 eggs
1/2 chopped strawberries

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 3 cake pans. Mix first 5 ingredients. Add strawberries. Bake for 25 minutes.

Icing: 
1 stick of butter
1 box of powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped strawberries

Let cake cool before icing. Shari usually make 1 1/2 of the icing recipe, and I did the same. Keep cake in the refrigerator. You can use fresh or frozen strawberries. 

The cake is very moist and delicious! A must try, because it's easy and strawberries are in season! 

I wish that I could say this is my picture... but it is not. 
I can't find the cord to connect my camera to the computer :(
This picture is just a one layer cake, my cake was 3 layers - more icing, more yummy! 

Thanks Shari for letting me share your recipe! 

1 comment:

  1. yum, yum, yum........want to make this really soon. looks delicious. love,mom

    ReplyDelete