Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good Memories

This past weekend one of my good friends from Auburn got married. Christina Smith became a Christina Wagoner on Saturday. She and Mike make a perfect pair. I absolutely love Mike too! They are honeymooning in St. Lucia right now, which I am extremely jealous of!

Christina and I met our Freshman year at Auburn. We both pledged Alpha Chi and both lived in the Quad. I remember when she called me up during the Fall to go to a social with her. I barely knew her, but went anyways. Of course we had a blast! I still remember the social was "Red or Dead" (dress up like a redneck or a dead head). The one picture I have of us from that social is too bad to post. Christina would teach me how to dance at the socials, since I was a terrible, terrible dancer. Here is picture from our Spring Formal Freshman year.

Our friendship continued, and I spent many days and nights in her room on the hall sophomore year. Junior and Senior year I was the Palace Girls (where Tina and five of my other close friends lived) "other roommate." We had so much fun together and so many memories!


This is one of my favorite pics of the Alpha Chi Girls. This was before our Carnation Ball our Junior Year. Here I am with the "Palace Girls" and a few extras! 

Christina was in my wedding and I really wanted to be there for her wedding... 

I had full intentions of attending the wedding, but after my "episode" with kidney stones I just wasn't sure about making the trek to the big ATL. I prayed about it all week, and finally Thursday night I just didn't have a peace about going. I felt like I needed to stay here and rest. I think this was the right thing to do. That may have been my last weekend of rest. The last two days I have not slept well at all... we are talking I have slept maybe 4 hours each night. I just can't get comfortable and my lower back is killing me. I am praying for some rest tonight, and maybe hitting the hay at any minute.

For something a little fun this weekend, since I was bummed about the wedding, Gunter and I went and had pictures made... and of course Heath had to join us. I found a great photographer in Enterprise. I adore her and am pleased with the pictures. She is going to take John Turner's newborn pictures too. I'll post some pictures soon!

I also went to the doctor today for my 32 week check-up. Everything is going well, and I am pleased with my progress, except for the weight gain ;(    I think that it is mainly water-weight or so I am hoping. I am thirsty all of the time! Only 8 weeks left and I hope that it flies by!

The glider also came today! Yippee! I will post pictures of that too... when I can find my camera cord. It's still MIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment