Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nursery Update: Curtains and Bedding

Finally I have a minute to sit down and post some pictures of the nursery! I have just a few more thank you notes to write, but they can wait a few minutes....

The nursery is really coming together and it makes me so excited! Now all we need is a little baby! He will be here before we know it. I can't believe that I am already 30 weeks. Only 10 weeks left. It has flown by! I can't wait to see what God has in store for our family in 2011!

Without further adieu here are the new pictures from the nursery!

Relaxed Roman Shade on the window. 
Fabric is the blue and green houndstooth that I found from New York. 

Panels that open and close. 
Also in the blue and green houndstooth. 
The bassinet is going to be moved and the rocker will go in front of the window! 

The crib is ready! 
Bedskirt is in the green fabric with gray and blue circles. 
The bumper pads are green and white gingham on the outside and white fabric on the inside. 
I monogrammed the bumper pads! I was so proud of myself! 

Close up of the bumper pads. 

This is the bedspread that was in the green bedroom before it was turned into the nursery. 
Mom made a pillow out of a green, white and gray plaid for the bed.
The piping around the inside of the pillow is the houndstooth in the curtains. 
You can see a tiny bit of the rug in the bottom of the picture. It's a gray "shag" rug. 

Mom found this when she was cleaning the other day! 
My grandmother, MeMe, made all of her grandchildren shoe holders. 
The bottom house on the left is her chicken house. Growing up she used to raise chickens. 
I loved it! John Turner only has one pair of shoes, but I know he will soon get some more! 

Our glider/rocker is supposed to be shipped today. So hopefully it will arrive in about 5 days. My plan is to put it in front of the big windows. The bassinet will be moved to our bedroom. I am finishing the bumper pads for that. Pictures to come soon! Once the glider gets here then I will hang all of the artwork and pictures on the wall! It's all coming together! 

Thanks to my mom for all of the hard work that she put into the curtains, bumper pads and pillows! 

1 comment: