Monday, December 20, 2010

Deck the Halls

The Christmas season is always so busy. And I always think that I am on top of everything, but I quickly realize that I am not on top of everything. I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since my last post. But we have been busy with Christmas parties, shopping, baking, the Polar Express party at school, the end of school... you get the point.

Here are pictures of our house decorated for Christmas. This year we kind of got a late start. We usually get our tree after Thanksgiving, but since we were at the beach for Thanksgiving, we didn't get our tree and drag out the decorations until the following weekend. Here is a little taste of how we decorated our house for the holidays!
Christmas tree 2010
We are "real" tree people! It smells so good! 

I received a lot of ornaments this year, but this one is from my mom, and very
 appropriate for Christmas 2010. 
It says "Poof! Your pregnant!"

I really, really wanted an Auburn tree this year. Last year after Christmas I found an artificial tree on sale. So I pulled it out this year, and it was a little smaller than I thought, but decided just to make the best of it. Gunter said that he really wanted to decorate it. I thought this is wonderful! Sure go for it! I walked into the dining room and this is what I saw...
Good try... but needless to say, we did not have 
an Auburn tree this year. 



Speaking of dining room... this is our dining room Christmas setting. 
I love our Christmas china, and I am so excited to pull it out every year after Thanksgiving. 

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care....
Gunter's stocking is on the left. His grandmother made his. 
My stocking is in the middle. My mom made mine.
Heath's stocking is on the right. 
I love our Willow Tree nativity set that was a wedding present at my Christmas shower!


We hung wreaths on the outside of the house. 


The newest addition to the Price Christmas decor... 
red and green paper lanterns! 
I got them last year from Smith's Variety in Mountain Brook Village. 
I think they are so festive! 


The front door. 
I love the little reindeer and gingerbread man stands. 

This arrangement is hanging on our back door. 
This was also a gift from my Christmas wedding shower! 

Off to finish the Christmas presents for my nieces, mail gifts to my cousins in Virginia, and wrap about 50 gifts! Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment