Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Is the News True?

Many of you may have noticed on my Facebook wall (or maybe not) all this talk about babies. Well, I am here to say that the news is true! Gunter and I are expecting our first baby in April. April 18th to be exact! We are thrilled and so excited. We are thrilled to see what God has in store for our family.

Gunter and I found out that we were pregnant in August. We decided to wait and tell our parents over Labor Day weekend. It just worked out perfectly, because both of our families would be together at the beach for the holiday weekend. It was also Gunter's birthday! We decided that it would be fun to share the good news with birthday treats. So I went to a local bakery and had them make "baby" cupcakes. We planned to all (Browns and Prices) eat dinner on Friday together. Before dinner, we told everyone that I had gotten Gunter a special birthday cake. Would they like to see it? This is what I brought out....

Slice of Heaven Bakery did such a good job! I was very pleased! I think my favorite cupcakes were the baby faces! So cute! Everyone had to choose their favorite one and have a picture made with it!
The excited parents! 

"Grandma" and "Grandpa" Brown
They haven't decided on "names" yet. 
I think Dad was in shock! He didn't know what to think! 

My brother and sister weren't there for dinner; they came down to the beach later. When Kyle arrived at 11:00 pm, we told him. I think he was a little shocked as well! Then the next morning, after the initial shock wore off, he was excited! 
Kyle and Julie with their cupcakes! 

Kelsey was the last to arrive. She came on Saturday morning. I was really afraid that she wouldn't come. She couldn't decide whether to come to the beach or to go to the first Auburn football game. After much debate, she decided to head down to Santa Monica Beach! 
Kelsey and Heath! 

Kelsey kept saying "I knew it! I knew it! I knew you were pregnant!" Ironically, her roommates kept asking if I was pregnant!

 I am so interested to see how Heath reacts to a new baby around the house! 

That is the story of how we told our families the good news. We waited a few weeks and told close friends the weekend of the Clemson vs. Auburn game! I will post the ultra sound picture later! I am telling my "kids" at school tomorrow! I hope they are excited! It is going to be interesting to see how they react!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE those cupcakes. They are so adorable! So excited for you and Gunter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute story and GREAT idea with the adorable cupcakes!!! LOVE!! Guess y'all ate them all up cuz I didn't see you bring any back to Dothan! haha
    We are beyond ecstatic for you and Gunter....cannot wait for Chase's new bud or girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Very exciting. I can't wait to keep up with you guys as you walk through pregnancy and parenting!

    ReplyDelete