Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Break! Yippee!

This week is Fall Break for me! This is where I have been all week....

This is the view from our beach access at Santa Monica Beach. It was absolutely beautiful down there! The weather was perfect! It was sunny and warm, but there was a continual breeze, so you didn't get too hot. I guess that the butterflies are migrating south for the winter, because they were EVERYWHERE! They were so pretty. We saw hundreds of Monarch butterflies all over the beach and in our neighborhood. I wish that I could have taken a picture of them, but they were too fast!

Mom and I laughed because we never accomplish what we want to when we are down there. Instead we spent our time relaxing, going to the movies, eating out, and reading. I finished Remember Me? by Sophie Kensella. It was a hilarious book about a girl who was in a car accident and can't remember the last 3 years of her life. Kinsella also wrote the "Shop-a-holic" series. She is a great writer and so funny! Then of course I started the fifth Emily Giffin book Heart of the Matter. I am about 100 pages into it and it is so good! I love when Giffin brings in characters from her older books, and that is what she has done in her newest novel. It makes me smile! Can't wait to finish it!

On a side note, I went out to dinner with my friend Tracie last night and we started talking about Christmas decorations! It made me so excited for the holidays. Tracie has an Auburn themed tree and she was telling me about some new Auburn ornaments she bought this year. I bought a four foot tree last year at the after Christmas sale that is going to be my Auburn tree. I am so excited! I can't wait to start decorating! I am going to look for some orange lights today. Tracie and I figured that with all of the Halloween decorations out, we are bound to find some orange lights! I will let you know how my search goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment