Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Father's Day and 2 Month Check-Up

This post is a little belated, but I still wanted to share pictures from Gunter's first Father's Day. We headed to Montgomery on Thursday (June 16th) night. For Valentine's Day, I had given Gunter tickets to see the comedian Ron White. He was at the Renaissance Theatre in downtown Montgomery. He was hilarious, a little dirty, but still fun and enjoyable! We spent the night with Raleigh and Christen and they were kind enough to keep John Turner while we attended the show.

Friday morning we headed to Birmingham. My friend, Elizabeth Wyatt, got married Saturday. Check out her pictures on Hillary Gamble's website. I am obsessed. Hillary took pictures of our family a while back for my mom's Christmas gift. She is so talented! I got to see many friends from high school and my friend Elizabeth de Shazo got engaged! So I got to meet her finance and see her beautiful ring!

Sunday we celebrated Father's Day and went to Church of the Highlands with my family and lunch at Chuys afterwards. Yummy!

Gunter and John Turner celebrating Father's Day! 

John Turner completed his first art project and made his Daddy something sweet for Father's Day! I painted his feet and he stamped his footprints on a framed paper! It turned out really cute. I wish I had a picture, but Gunter rushed it off work to show it off before I could snap a pic! 

John Turner, my Dad, and Me

We headed home shortly after lunch to celebrate with Gunter's dad at the Cracker Barrel! 
4 Generations! 
Gunter's granddad, Martin, Gunter's dad, John Turner and Gunter

On June 15th, John Turner had his 2 month old appointment.... which meant shots! He had to get one oral vaccination and three shots. It was sad, but I held myself together! John Turner weighed 12 pounds 3 ounces, he was in the 60th percentile for weight. He was 24 inches long, he was in the 75th percentile for height! He is a growing boy! 

He is smiling much more and is cooing/talking to you constantly. He loves the morning time, baths (which we sometimes do multiple times a day for entertainment), and walks. He is just as sweet as can be!

His Popeye grin! 



This picture was taken on Sunday.... like Father, like son! 
Getting ready for football season! War Eagle! 

He is growing like a weed!  

1 comment:

  1. Love this! He is getting so big! A visit soon is a must!

    ReplyDelete