Thursday, June 2, 2011

SMILE!

Sweet John Turner started really smiling last week! Before then he would smile a little off and on. But starting last week he turned into a different child! Last Wednesday he had a cold, so I took him to see Dr. Strassberg. It turned out that nothing was really wrong with him... he was just prescribed some nose drops. I guess that was the new mom in me freaking out a little. But because we were heading to the beach for Memorial Day, I hated to get down there and then he get an ear infection or his cold worse. While we were there, I mentioned that he was still really fussy after he ate. He would cry a lot and sometimes cry while he was eating and spitting up a little. The doctor also prescribed some acid reflux medicine for John Turner to try. He is so much happier and now doesn't cry after he eats!

I tried to capture some good smiles this morning, but these are the best I could get!






John Turner loves to wake up about 6:30 and lay on the couch and move his arms and legs in a "swimming" motion and coo and smile! He a growing up so fast! When we were at the doctor last week, he weighed 11 pounds! He goes for his 2 month old shots in 2 weeks! I can't believe it!

Sometimes you have those days where you just have to smile and laugh at yourself. Today was one of those days. John Turner was probably smiling in all those pictures because he had just pooped and pee-peed all over the couch. When we change him on the couch we put down a little disposable changing pad. Well it was in place this morning. I was pulling the old diaper away and getting the new one in place. As I did he pooped all over the changing pad. So I had to pull that away so the outside of the diaper didn't get messed up. I had gotten the diaper in place and John Turner had an explosion! He was pooping and peeing at the same time! I hadn't gotten the velcro of the diaper fastened yet, so I thought "Oh good! I will just block everything with the diaper." Well there was so much of it, it just went everywhere! All over the sofa cushion!

But the adventures of today don't end there! We went for a walk this morning. When we returned I noticed he was a little warm. I took his temperature - 99.7. It has to be 100.5 for it be considered a fever. We continued on with our day. We went and had lunch with Alicia and Kinley at the Basketcase. When we returned, John Turner still felt a little warm. I took his temperature again - 100.7. But this was just with the ear thermometer. The doctor said I need to use a "not fun thermometer."

So after John Turner finished eating, I decided I must do it to get a true reading of his temp. But my number 1 fear was that he would poop on me. So I got everything ready, and the first few seconds were great... no problems... the thermometer was in place and the temp was rising... all of the sudden I hear a rumble down-under and there was an explosion! Poop was all over me! the changing table! John Turner's leg! Thank goodness his towel from his bath this morning was still in his room. I used that to clean up and laid it over the dirty spot on his changing table. I stuck a new diaper underneath him, but when I velcroed it down, I accidently velcroed the old diaper to the new one! I didn't notice until I laid him on the bed! Now poop was all over his bed! Finally I got everything cleaned up and it's all in the washing machine now! In these types of circumstances all you can do is smile and laugh at yourself!

PS- John Turner's temp taken the not fun way was 99.7. So we are waiting to call the doctor!

Pictures of the beach bum coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the joys! Yesterday Maralee threw up ALL over me!!!! Hang in there! Hope y'all are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete