Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weekend Vacation

Last weekend I took my last vacation... for a while. I needed time to rest, read, and relax. You should have seen my feet by the time I got to the beach. They were huge! They looked much better by the time I left on Sunday. But the swelling is back up again. I have my feet up now, trying to get the swelling down...

This is where I spent 4 blissful days...

Mom made (got this sign made) for the beach house. It looks so good hanging on the fence in the front yard of the beach house.


The house is really coming together! This pic was taken on Sunday, when we were loading up :(
As you can see, Heath loves coming to the beach! He has free range!

Here are a few new additions to the house....
The shutter wall

We were trying to think of something cute to cover the very large wall behind the TV. Kelsey found a picture of a wall covered in shutters and we thought we could do that in our beach house! Now we are looking for  a new TV stand... that one is a little too small! 

Post Floor Lamp

Mom found this post and has been dying to make a lamp out of it! It finally came to be! 

Post Table Lamp

Another lamp made from an old post. This lamp is in my bedroom! 

Right before I went to the beach I finished Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. It was really, really, good and I highly recommend it to any reader. I just couldn't put it down! Around the middle of the novel, I was so drawn in and had my attention completely, that I was looking for time to read another chapter. The next book I started was The Island by Elin Hilderbrand. It also is very good, and I am about half way finished with it. Tomorrow I have by book club again. We read Safe Haven this month. I can't wait to find out what our new book will be! 

On a side note... and completely random .... I got John Turner's Easter basket today! I am so excited! It's very cute! His due date is the Monday before Easter, so surely he will make his debut before the Easter bunny comes to town. I also thought that it would be really cute to take some of his newborn pictures in his Easter basket! 

Front of the basket

Back of the basket

Donde Hicks of Artist Tree did John Turner's basket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment