Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nursery Update: It is Finished!

Hello friends! I am been a little MIA. I have not felt like doing much lately. My feet, legs, and hands are pretty swollen, so I prop them up  as soon as I get home from school. I don't move again, until it's time to go to bed.... Pretty exciting life!

I went to the doctor today. He told me I am just going to have to deal with the swollen feet and I have carpal tunnel in my hands from all of the swelling. When I wake up I can't move them. As the day progresses, I feel much better. I have not dilated any. I go back in two weeks, so maybe I will have made progress by then.

Our glider finally came in! Then we hung all of the pictures and things on the walls, and placed everything else. I think the nursery is full! Mom and Gunter said I can't put anything else in the room! But I am sure that I can find something else to put in there! Here are pictures of the nursery!

The glider is covered in a gray fabric! 
Plus it's a recliner! 
I love the pillow and Mom gave me at the shower. 
The rug is a gray shag from United Textiles in Bessemer. 

Changing Table. 
The furniture was in Mom's nursery. 
The clothes pins are from Ballad Designs. 
Mom made the diaper holder on the right.

The room in its entirety! 

Birdhouses over the big window. 
The house in the middle and prints are from At Home in Downtown Homewood. 
The two smaller houses are from Hobby Lobby. 


Corner cabinet was my sister's. 
The green birds are the top were a Christmas gift from Christen, my sister-in-law. 
The bird in between the green birds is from TJ Maxx. 
The three birds on the next shelf down are from Old Time Pottery. 
White bird houses are from At Home. 
The dishes are Peter Rabbit from Pottery Barn Kids. 
The silver was gift from my showers. 

The crib
Kelsey painted the picture over the crib. 
Mom smocked the day gown hanging on crib. John Turner is going to wear it home! 
We are still waiting on the Bla Bla mobile. 

Twin Bed
Mom made the sham on the bed. 
The bird cage picture holder is from Angel's Antiques in Auburn. 
The bird prints on the left and right are from At Home as well. 

The wardrobe belonged to my grandmother, Gran. 
Kelsey painted the bird picture above the wardrobe. 

That is it for now! Pictures to come of my last two showers! 

3 comments:

  1. looks sooo good! what a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so great. I love those big clothes pins. so different and unique. Adorable. You are all ready now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Just as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete