Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there! And those of you who are celebrating their first Mother's Day! It's kind of weird to think that I will be celebrating Mother's Day for the rest of my life! A special Mother's Day wish and congrats to my college friend Mary-Peyton who delivered William Whitaker this morning! Who could ask for a better Mother's Day gift than that! Whitaker weighed 8 pounds and 12 ounces! He was a big boy!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom! 
Kelsey, Mom and I in Savannah last March for a Girls Weekend! 

My day started out wonderfully! Gunter let me get an extra hour of sleep in while he took John Turner for a walk. Then he and John Turner brought me breakfast in bed! Hardee's chicken biscuit!

My friend Brittany, from Auburn, came to visit and meet John Turner on her way home from the beach. It was so good to see and visit with her! It's been too long since the last time that I saw her! When Brittany left, we headed to Nan Nan's (Gunter's grandmother) house for lunch. I went to get John Turner ready when I found a special gift that he was hiding from me....

A band to match my wedding ring! 
Gunter did a great job picking it out! 
I was so surprised! 

After lunch, another dear friend, Anna, stopped by to meet John Turner on her way home from the beach! We had a good visit and caught up on each other's lives! It's so fun to have visits from good friends! We have spent the rest of the day enjoying time as a family! It's been a great first Mother's Day! 

My first Mother's Day! 

1 comment:

  1. That picture of you and John turner is too cute! Gunter did a great job with the ring...happy mothers day!

    ReplyDelete