Monday, May 16, 2011

The End of an Era

Monday, the 9th,  was the end of an era for the Brown family. Auburn has been a part of our family for a long, long time. Dad graduated in 1975. Mom was right behind him in 1976. Little did they know that 30 years later they would have a child following in their footsteps. That is right... I graduated from Auburn in 2006. Kyle in 2009. And last, but not least... Kelsey in 2011. That is right - Monday the youngest Brown graduated from the loveliest village on the plains.



Of course I wouldn't miss it for the world. So I got up super early Monday morning to make the trek to the plains by myself. Gunter had to work, and Mrs. Price kept John Turner. I pulled up at 150 North Ross and started thinking of all of the memories made there. (More on that in a minute). I found Kelsey getting ready for graduation. I asked her what they did last night, to which she replied "Sat on the porch and invited everyone over." I replied, "Oh the porch!" Kelsey said, "Don't get me started. I am not going to cry!" You see 150 North Ross has an awesome porch where so many nights were spent with good friends. We loved having people over to sit and talk before proceeding with the rest of the night's activities. Or sometimes we would just sit there all night. Of course my hormones are flying, and I had already been thinking of the fun times in Auburn, and how different things were going to be come next football season.... I only shed a few tears....

Auburn did things a little different this year. Graduation was held in the stadium and the graduates sat on the field. The bad thing was it was 90 degrees last Monday. Poor graduates were in black caps and gowns!

Kelsey walked across the stage and walked out of the stadium... which I don't blame her and that is what most of the other graduates did too!


Kelsey and her friend from her major, Kevin, with their diplomas! 
It's official! 

As I mentioned earlier, Kelsey lived at 150 North Ross. But before she lived there, Kyle lived there. And before Kyle lived there I lived there. I moved into North Ross the summer before my junior year with four other girls - Sydney, Melanie, Alex, and Bess. Senior year Bess and Alex moved onto the Chi-O hall and Katy and Carolyn moved in. Our good friends Casey, Virginia, Brittany, and Chelsea lived down the street. We had so much fun fixing up our house, making it home, hosting parties, cooking together, having bible studies together, watching Laguna Beach together, laughing, crying, and most importantly sitting on the porch. 

Home away from home! 

When I graduated in 2006, Kyle moved in with three other boys. He lived there his sophomore, junior, and senior years. Of course there was always room for Gunter and I to come and spend the night after the football games. When Kyle graduated in 2009, Kelsey moved in. Now two years later the Browns will no longer be a part of 150 North Ross. Sad! There are some sweet girls moving in, so hopefully they will allow us to  park there before the football games! 

Kelsey and I on the porch! 

On another note, we have another end of an era... John Turner turned one month old on Friday! He is growing so much. Getting so chubby and fat! Gunter thinks that he weighs 11 pounds now! 


John Turner is wearing his orange and blue outfit! He's ready for the Auburn games and tailgating this fall! This outfit looks so good with his bright blue eyes! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh I just teared up reading that Kari Beth! There were SO many great memories on that porch...wish we could rewind and do them all again!
    P.S. John Turner is absolutely precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just teared up too!!! Ross street was the best, no doubt about it. I miss it (and you!) so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely can not believe that Kelsey just graduated. Wasn't she just a freshman ?!?! Congrats Kelsey!

    Phone date soon. Time sure is flying. I actually was sad yesterday that Whitaker is 1 week old... that's a pitiful, hormonal mama for you!

    John Turner is so precious! It seems like he is looking more and more like Gunter.

    ReplyDelete