Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Eve 2010

Can you think of a better way to ring in the New Year then with friends? It was a mini- reunion holiday. Well for me at least. Many of my college Alpha Chi friends live in ATL, so I am always looking for a good excuse to take the three hour trek north to visit them. Amy organized our New Years celebration several months ago. She is always on top of things! Celebrating the New Year with Zac Brown Band sounded like  so much fun... and it was! They put on a great show! I love watching performers that can actually play their instruments! At times I felt like I was almost at a  Dave Matthews show when they would go into their "jam session" for twenty minutes! They played many of the popular songs and covered some great ones too!

We kept hearing about "special guests" that would appear at the show. We immediately thought of Kenny Chesney. Aren't Zac Brown and Kenny BFF? Then when we got to the show we realized that Land Shark was a sponsor. We got really cute Land Shark / Zac Brown koozies. Well, then we got our hopes up that Jimmy Buffet may show up. I think we set our hopes a little high... They did have special guests, but it wasn't anyone as cool as Jimmy or Kenny. But I did stand in the restroom line with Zac's mom. She seemed really sweet. She was talking to the lady in front of me about how Zac spends his money! ha! ha! He gives a lot of it away, according to his mom. All in all it was a great New Years and a wonderful show! I would definitely go to see them in concert again.

Gunter & I, Christina & Mike, Brittany & Spencer, Amy & Clayton, Heather & Monkey, Leigh & Jake
The crew for New Years

Before the concert we rode the Marta to the CNN building. We ate dinner down there and hung out until it was time to head next door to Phillips Arena for the show. 

Zac Brown Band on stage

Zac Brown up close! 
We had really good seats. We were on the left side of the stage on the first tier, so we could see everything really well. 

Gunter and I at the show right before midnight! 

Fireworks and confetti that went off at midnight. 
What was so funny to Gunter and I was that Zac Brown, nor anyone in his band, knew the "New Years Eve song." They kept saying "Join in! Sing with us!" 

2011 will be an exciting one for our family. We are looking forward to John Turner arriving in April! Our lives are going to turn upside down, but we are excited to see what God has in store for us! This weekend is my first shower. Everything is going to become so real when we actually start getting things for John Turner. There will be pictures to come of the cute clothes and fun toys! 

On a side note, I went back for my three hour glucose testing today. All went well! Praise God! I do not have gestational diabetes! My fingers are a little sore from all of the pricking, but other than that, I am great! 

4 days and counting! War Eagle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment